13.10.2020

Kato Lagadi, Kefalonia, Greece - paradise beach 2020

It was my 7th summer on Kefalonia island. No matter how many times I visit the same place I always feel like I am there for the first time. I love to discover new spots, little beaches, off the beaten track.


This year I've had the chance to explore a small corner of paradise, close to Poros. Kato Lagadi beach is accesible by foot or by boat. It is located 45 km east of Argostoli, the capital of Kefalonia, 6 km from Poros, on the coastal road towards Skala.


It is not a popular place but its excellent waters and fascinating surrounding make Kato Lagadi an idyllic area for relaxation and snorkeling. Kato Lagadi is also known as Kako Lagadi. It is a tiny sandy cove that lies between two steep rocks with some vegetation on top. Due to its small space there are no facilities.


The path to go down is a bit difficult so I would recommend wearing sneakers even though I went down wearing flip flops. The first time I wanted to visit this place I couldn't find the path. So the 2nd time I've searched online and I've found an YouTube video that shows you exactly which way to go to reach the splendid beach. I will leave you the link below.

   

As you can see it takes only 5 minutes to get down to Kato Lagadi. Jump over the parapet, the place is marked with a red arrow, and follow the path. It's not an easy way for kids or elderly people but with a little help it's ok. GPS: 38.125730, 20.801087 

It is truly an amazing spot for relaxation and total privacy, in certain hours though. During July and August more locals come here. 

The beach consist of calm blue waters and a pebbled shore. On the left side of the beach there are some rocks that provide natural shade. The arches and caves are absolutely marvelous for a photo shooting, especially in contrast with the turquoise water. I'll leave you some pics below. 







Be sure to bring with you food and refreshments. For the snorkeling lovers Kato Lagadi is an ideal spot.

Enjoy and until next time, take care.

Be sure to follow me discovering the wonderful island of Kefalonia:

The marvelous beaches of Erissos, northern Kefalonia

Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu